Do YOU Think I Look Like Olivia Newton John, Too?


This is just silly, but I thought I'd share it with you, so that you could have a good laugh as well. As most of you know, I write over on Hubpages, as LdsNana-AskMormon. I really enjoy writing about Mormonism, for those who are interested in learning more about the LDS Church. I also really enjoy the community over on Hubpages. There are so many talented and funny writers, that share information on a variety of topics.

Recently, on one of my Hubs - another "Hubber" blondepoet left a message with a link for me - in the comments section, that simply said "You are a celebrity". (or something like that) I thought, huh? So, I followed the link. This humorous Hubber had posted a very clever Hub, about "Hubber Celebrity Look-A-Likes" And what do you know, she had compared ME to Olivia Newton John!

ROTFL!!!


Here's what blondepoet had to say:

"Ever thought you resembled someone famous. When you look at that handsome, rugged clean-shaved face in the mirror do you see a Clint Eastwood staring back at you? They say everyone looks like someone and here on Hub-pages, it is indeed true. There are many Hubbers here that I am sure you are all familiar with, that bear an uncanny resemblance to celebrities, objects and even animals."


Needless to say, I've had a good laugh! When I was younger, I had people tell me that I looked like Maria Osmond, of all people. That's when I was a dark brunette. If the truth be known, this Olivia thing is kind of flattering. Who wouldn't want to look like her?

It gets even funnier, because she has a poll on the post, that asks people to vote on the best or favorite "Look-A-Like" amongst her selection of Hubbers. I'm currently winning! LOL

What I really wish, is that I could see what others are seeing. Cuz I just don't see it!






So, what do YOU think -- do I really look like Olivia Newton John?




Video: Olivia Newton John - You're The One That I Want!


Have people ever told YOU, that you look like a celebrity... if so, WHO is your "Look-A-Like"?

tDMg
Kathryn Skaggs


BTW -- I'd love to have you follow this blog:-)

Comments

  1. Any resemblance to ONJ is superficial at best, IMO.

    Also, I'm quite sure that unlike "Sandy", you would not abandon your standards of modesty, chastity, or health just to get approval from very worldly peers. (I have not been able to watch that movie without nausea since becoming LDS. Great message for our girls: if you want to have friends, you can't have Gospel standards.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FelixAndAva -

    Absolutely! It is, ONLY a "Look-A-Like" comparison. In fact, I have not watched "that" movie, for years. I don't even remember the plot.

    Thanks for your vote of confidence. That means much more:-)

    tDMg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you have some resemblance, the smile, nose, shape of the face... To say, you're glamorous Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Thoughtskoto -

    Haha! A "glamorous" Nana -- what more could I EVER hope for! LOL

    tDMg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am quite sure that you do not act like the character Sandy, but you really are a look a like for Oliva Newton John.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha!! I definitely do see the lovely resemblance in the photo comparison. (but not the Grease clip - yikes, I hate that show for all reasons listed above, plus it has "Travolta-Revolta") But I digress. I personally have been compared to Betty Davis several times. When I was younger, I assume it was a comp to the younger glam Davis, which was flattering. But these days, I assume I have aged into her "later look" that could be classified as "bug-eyed psychopath". Perhaps celebrity comparisons are not the kindest...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mormon Soprano -

    From this day forward, I shall always envision you, as Betty Davis. In her "glam" days, of course! LOL

    Thanks for taking the time to comment:-)

    tDMg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello LDSNana, I do see some resemblance between you and Olivia Newton John. I've been told that I look like Gene Wilder from the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie.



    I like your site and blog too, keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. MacGregor2k -

    Thanks for joining in the fun, and for your encouragement:-)

    tDMg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Without a doubt! And considering that photo of Olivia was taken probably quite awhile ago, and the photo of you is probably recent, I'd say you're looking pretty dang good for a Nana! Didn't I mention that the first time we followed eachother on Twitter?

    I need to get me some of that Utah fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindi -

    Well, my picture is about a year old now. Perhaps it is time to change it -- I do have a few more wrinkles. LOL

    BTW, I'm a Southern California girl - born and bred in all that smog;-)

    Thanks for joining in the fun!
    tDMg

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do look like ONJ! I don't know why I didn't notice it before.

    By the way, I think it's just supposed to be a bit of fun, not a serious threat or comparison to your morals or character. In fact, it never occurred to me to compare you to a fictionalized character (personality, I mean) before reading the comments above. I happen to think you are one of the nicest people that I know and I have a lot of respect for you.

    I'm still surprised that I didn't notice the resemblance before. Leave it to BP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shirley -

    Haha! I didn't -- why should you? LOL And thank you, I also think of the comparison/resemblance as fun. I'm not taking the other stuff personal. I know who I am. I appreciate your vote of confidence.

    Love BP -- good sense of humor:-)
    tDMg

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see it!
    I have been told I look like Ellen Page (from Juno).. I think it is just because I look young, am fair skinned with dark hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emmy -

    Funny, eh? Thanks for commenting:-)
    tDMg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment