WBMW - Book Reviews TWILIGHT! Finally...

I'm not even going to get started with my review of the book TWILIGHT on this blog. I will, however - invite you to visit KooLDSgirlZ and read my review of the book TWILIGHT, over there...

I will let you in on one thing... TWILIGHT was not what I had expected. I thought that I was going to be much more critical of TWILIGHT, than I found myself to be.

In fact, I think I know what all the hype is actually about with so many LDS girls and women, with the TWILIGHT series in general. What I found surprising, was that I could see how gospel teachings were supported in a very very faint way. The principle of ETERNAL LOVE, is where this book will grab our eternal desire to be loved, cherished and to belong to something or Someone, greater than ourselves.

Overall, on the book TWILIGHT - I feel author Stephanie Meyer did a good job with what she set out to do.

I've decided to continue the saga -and read New Moon next... I'll get back to you.


tDMg
LdsNana-AskMormon

Comments

  1. Once you're finished the Twilight series you should check out The Host by Stephanie Meyer. It is a bit more adult and has a creepy sci-fi plot to it that is kinda crazy. I liked it! I'm afraid you'll find that I tend to like most books I read so my recommendation might not mean that much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi

    LOL... I think that it means, you are a very open minded person - and that you are able to learn something from everything you come in contact with -- in life.

    That is a wonderful quality.

    IF I make it through the Twilight series - I will consider myself accomplished in the SCi Fi department:-)

    I prefer books, such as Massacre at Mountain Meadow - much more:-)

    tDMg
    LdsNana-AskMormon

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really what you thought? I found the book to be somewhat destructive! Here is my short response to Twilight: http://nathanbriscoe.wordpress.com/2008/09/22/i-read-twilight-forgive-me/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nathan -

    Yes, these are my thoughts. Here's a few more of them, in relation to your blog post that you have left a link for, so that my readers can hear a different perspective...

    my comments that I left on you blog...

    I will admit… your perspective of the book, Twilight - was exactly what I expected going in. I was determined, like yourself - to focus on the exact things that you have blogged about here.

    However, after just finishing book three, in the Twilight series, I have chosen to accept this book for what it is… fantasy.

    The Twilight series, is just fun. That’s it. I have talked to many young women who have read this book. They are intelligent enough to realize, that Edward Cullen - is a toy.

    I had to make a choice, in reading these books - to just enjoy the story, and see what so many “girls” like in the book, versus being critical of the very dysfunctional relationships contained.

    But hey… give me a break! You certainly can’t expect any kind of normal relationships between humans, vampires and werewolves… now could you?

    Come on… lighten up! LOL

    tDMg
    LdsNana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan -

    One more thing... make sure you go over to KooLDSgirlZ and read my complete review of the book Twilight.

    tDMg
    LdsNana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment